More products with this substance
Tretizen 20 (Isotretinoin (Accutane))
Manufacturer: Zenlabs Category: Skin Substance: Isotretinoin (Accutane) Package: 20mg (10 capsules)
Isotretinoin is a drug against acne chemically associated with retinoic acid and retinol (vitamin A). The exact mechanism of action is not known, it blocks the sebaceous glands, reduces the production of fat in the skin, and thereby prevents the development of acne. It is sold in many countries of the world and is considered one of the most effective means of fighting acne.
In one recent study, 160 volunteers used Accutane for a period of 2-28 weeks. Of 133 patients who remained at the end of the experiment, 127 patients noted complete or almost complete disappearance of acne. That is 95% efficiency, which is very important for any drug. Also, 60% of the patients did not worry about pimples for a whole year after completing the Accutane. Bodybuilders use it for the same purpose to remove one of the most visible external side effects of using AAS-acne.
History of Isotretinoin
Isotretinoin (Accutane) was developed by Hoffmann-La Roche, and was first put on the market in 1982. It was sold until 2002 under the patent name Accutane. Now he is on the market under a lot of names. Isotretinoin is a licensed drug, but in recent years bodyopus its sale has been regulated because of side effects. In particular, women need to make sure that they are not pregnant. The drug carries yellow stickers with a list of possible side effects.
Composition of Isotretinoin (Accutane)
One 10 mg capsule contains: active substance:
- isotretinoin – 10 mg;
- auxiliary substances: soybean oil – 107.92 mg, beeswax yellow – 7.68 mg, soya beans hydrogenated oil – 7.68 mg, soya beans partially hydrogenated oil – 30.72 mg;
- capsule shell: glycerol 85% – 31.275 mg, gelatin – 75.64 mg, Carion 83 (potato hydrolyzed starch, mannitol, sorbitol) – 8.065 mg, iron dye red oxide (E172) 0.185 mg, titanium dioxide (E171) 1.185 mg;
- ink for inscription on the capsule ‘, shellac, iron dye oxide black (E172); it is allowed to use ready-made Opacode Black ink S-l-27794.
One capsule of 20 mg contains:
- active substance: isotretinoin – 20 mg;
- auxiliary substances: soybean oil – 215.84 mg, beeswax yellow – 15.36 mg, soya beans, hydrogenated oil – 15.36 mg, soya beans, partially hydrogenated oil – 61.44 mg;
- capsule shell: glycerol 85% – 49.835 mg, gelatin – 120.66 mg, Carion 83 (potato hydrolyzed starch, mannitol, sorbitol) – 12.86 mg, iron dye red oxide (E172) -0.145 mg, titanium dioxide (E171) – 1.97 mg;
- ink for applying the inscription on the capsule: shellac, iron dye oxide black (E172); it is allowed to use ready-made Opacode Black ink S-l-27794.